Respect for Human Rights
Human Rights Policy
As our business accelerates globally, the SG Holdings Group is committed to corporate policy that respects the human rights of all of our stakeholders. For that reason, we established the SG Holdings Group's Human Rights Policy to broadly declare and raise awareness about our commitment both inside and outside of the Group.
This policy articulates in very concrete terms our concept of human rights based on the SG Holdings Group Charter of Corporate Conduct and Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- The SG Holdings Group respects and advocates the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and its goals in regard to human rights.
This policy expresses in detail our stance on human rights based on our Charter of Corporate Conduct and Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Respect for Everyone's Human Rights
- We will not discriminate on account of gender, race, religion, nationality, ethnicity, political opinion, sexual orientation (such as LGBT), marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, medical history, disability, illness, or any other discriminatory basis.
- Legal Compliance
- We will comply with all laws in each country and region.
In countries or regions that do not have strict laws, we will comply with international rules.
- Prevention of Human Rights Abuse
- We will build and continue to implement a system for "Human Rights Due Diligence"* to prevent occurrences of human rights abuse.
- Prohibition of Child Labor and Forced Labor
- We will prohibit work by children under the minimum working age designated by the laws in each country or region. We will also prohibit forced labor. In addition, we will request our business partners to also prohibit child and forced labor.
- Avoidance of Complicity in Human Rights Abuse
- We will not be complicit in the abuse of human rights. In addition, we will strive to avoid complicity through receiving benefits or the silent condoning of complicity.
- Response to Occurrence of Abuse
- We will determine countermeasures to be implemented in the event of human rights abuse. We will protect the victim of abuse and the informer, and work to promptly and fairly resolve the situation.
- Safety and Health
- We will prioritize safety in the workplace and promote the health of all employees.
- Transparency and Promotion of Awareness
- We will report the activities of the SG Holdings Group with transparency.
We will continue to promote awareness of the "SG Holdings Group's Human Rights Policy" among our employees and will request our business partners to respect and enforce human rights.
*Process to recognize, prevent, and respond to any negative impacts on human rights
Internal whistleblowing system
At the SG Holdings Group, the Legal Affairs Department of SG Holdings in coordination with Group companies takes the lead in developing and guiding our compliance system, while the Internal Audit Department monitors compliance.
We operate an SG Holdings Group Compliance Hotline based on the Internal Whistleblowing system as a means for employees, their families and partner companies to report behavior which violates laws or regulations, internal rules or the Code of Ethics and Conduct. Starting from 2017 we also put in place an external hotline. Additionally, we are taking steps to prevent insider trading. With instances of listed overseas companies joining the Group and business and capital alliances with listed companies increasing, and particularly in conjunction with the recent listing of the Company's own shares, we have taken the occasion to further strengthen our insider trading prevention regulations and have established a system of controls including a blackout period and establishment of an application procedure prior to trading company shares.
Harassment Prevention Training
The SG Holdings Group has established June as "Harassment Prevention Month" as a major initiative in our drive to create a positive harassment-free work environment where the diversity, personality and individuality of all employees are respected and employees can work with enthusiasm and motivation.
In fiscal 2017 we expanded and intensified our efforts in Japan to include not only the prevention of sexual and power harassment but other areas as well, including prevention of maternity harassment and moral harassment, which have become prominent social issues.